Who is Coach Stroud? He's a teacher, coach, and a veteran of the U.S. Army, but Coach Stroud is even more in the eyes of his students.
Meet Mrs. Diane Whatley
It is not out of the ordinary for students to be surprised with special notes and greetings in the mail from first-grade teacher Mrs. Diane Whatley. Her students know their teacher is thinking of them when they receive these little mailbox keepsakes during breaks and holidays or random phone calls to share with parents how well their child is performing and growing in the classroom. You will also likely find Mrs. Whatley at special school performances where her students are involved so they feel supported even outside of the classroom. Her thoughtfulness is a trait any parent would hope their child develops within, but Mrs. Whatley is also very well known for the academic development and strengths in writing, comprehension, math, and history her students are able to achieve while in her class.
Fun Facts about Mrs. Whatley:
- Beginnings: From Knoxville, Tennessee
- College: University of Tennessee
- Family: Husband is Mike and they have two children, Mark and Melissa
- Years working in education: 28
- Favorite hobbies: walking, sewing, and reading
- Favorite Vacation: Maine
- Favorite Author: Too many to name!
- What she loves about teaching first grade: Everything, but especially seeing a student learn to love reading